Comment on page
Okta AWS EventBridge Streaming Integration
The Oort identity security platform integrates with Okta tenants to collect user account information, device information, and sign-on and application activity.
To enable near-real time analysis of user activity and events, Oort can leverage Okta log streaming to an AWS EventBridge streaming model. Then the Oort platform can capture the events in real-time.
You must also have the Log Streaming module enabled for your tenant. Please see your Okta representative if you do not have this module as part of your current subscription.
To add the necessary configuration in Okta, you need to be one of the following:
- Read-only administrator
There are 3 steps you need to go through to set up the AWS log streaming integration between Okta and Oort.
- 1.In the Admin Console, go to Reports > Log Streaming. This page shows all of the log stream targets available in your org.
- 2.Click Add Log Stream to start the log stream wizard.
- 3.Select AWS EventBridge from the catalog. Click Next.
- 4.Name: Provide a unique name for this log stream in Okta.
- 5.AWS Event Source Name: The source name needs to be the Okta integration ID, which is available from the URL of the integration in the Oort console. Go to Integrations -> Edit Okta integration to see the URL. (screenshot above)
- 6.AWS account ID: 909617834444 for Oort Staging 988897525199 for Oort Production
- 7.AWS region: US East (Ohio)
- 8.Click Save. You receive a confirmation message.
- 9.Notify your Oort technical contact that the EventBridge is in place.