Comment on page
Linking User Accounts
Many scenarios exist where the same human user has access to multiple discrete users accounts, either within the same IDP or across different IDPs -
- Admins with both a regular user account and one or more privilege accounts, including across multiple Active Directory domains in an AD forest
- Users with separate accounts in non-federated IDPs, perhaps due to a recent M&A event
- Users with both a individual account and access to or ownership of a shared account
In these cases, it's extremely important to maintain a linkage between these accounts, both for user lifecycle events (deprovisioning ALL users accounts when a user leaves the org) and during security investigations or incident response.
The video below provides instructions on how to use this feature. Instructions are also below
- 1.Navigate to one of the accounts for a user that has multiple accounts
- 2.Scroll to the bottom of the User's Overview tab, to the Linked Users tile
- 3.Click Add and search for another account to link to this user. Click Add to link the accounts.
- 4.Note that the account(s) are now linked in both the tile and the dropdown under the User's name in the top right.
In the main Users page, you can use the Linked Users filter on the left bar to find just users with an existing account linkage.
Note that the small link icon appears next to their names.
Accounts can be unlinked from the Linked Users tile on one of the users account Overview tab.